This week has been rough - physically, emotionally. I like to heat a massage stone and lay it on my abdomen when I have bad cramping (although it didn't help yesterday - see another post). Sometimes I prop the stone at my waistband. On Thursday I was feeling pretty terrible, and when I picked Olivia up, I told her as much. She asked me if I was going to put a rock in my pants. I said, "yes, I may put a stone on my belly."
Well, my rephrasing didn't seem to affect her perception. Friday she came home from school and told me that she told her friends that when mommy gets sick, she puts rocks in her pants. "what did you say?" I asked her in disbelief. "I told them not to laugh, it's true." "Who did you tell?" "My friends Morgan and Anastasia." And so now, I am the woman who puts rocks in her pants when her belly is sick.
At least you can take heart from the fact that it sounds so out there, they probably didn't believe her (or their parents won't if it's conveyed). :) I hope you'll be feeling better this week.
ReplyDeleteHaHaHaHaHa!!! That is so funny. Sorry you have cramps, that sucks.
ReplyDelete