Friday, April 15, 2011

How To Con Mom Out of Going to School

I was conned. Big time. Here's how it was done. Olivia walks into my room WAY early on Rob's day off from work (meaning he doesn't have his alarm set). I naturally wake up around 7 or so, and don't usually have a problem. But I've been sick and tired (literally), and so when she walked into the room and announced, "We don't have school today, my teacher said," I groggily agreed, thinking I had remembered her being off on Friday. I then passed out for another 1-2 hours while she served herself yogurt for breakfast and watched PBS.

When I regained consciousness, I still thought the idea was plausible. At around noon, Olivia explained that she was sick and that's why she didn't go to school. She ruined her con. I knew she wasn't sick. I hadn't kept her home for being sick. I marched to the computer (something I should have done at 7), and found that I had been conned.

And that's how Olivia conned her way out of school. She has approached us since, and apologized very sincerely for her deception. I didn't have the nerve to call the school and tell them the truth, so I didn't report her absence. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment