Sunday, July 18, 2010

Random Recommendations

1. The movie Arranged. See it. It's about the unlikely friendship between a Muslim girl and an Orthodox Jewish girl in Brooklyn, NY. The story details their experiences living the principles of devout religion in a thoroughly modern world. AND...their stories of arranged marriages. Very good.

2. E-Sushi. This is for my local friends who love sushi. The Itamae (sushi chef) is amazing. And he does his hair like Elvis, which is completely appropriate. Elvis music plays constantly in the background, and I think there is even a clock with swinging hips. Most importantly, the sushi is so fresh, that it melts in my mouth every time. The rolls are very creative, and eating them is almost sad. They are that beautiful.

3. Now that lala is gone (sniff, sniff), I've started alternating Pandora and Grooveshark (for those songs that I play on instant replay). Both are great radio alternatives.


4. Finally, let me recommend a picnic in Alamo Square Park in San Francisco (and no, I did not swipe this picture this from the internet. My friend Janine took it with a point-n-shoot). For our picnic we had bread, varieties of hummus, fruit, sparkling juice and good conversation. We played the Full House opening credits on the ipod and then found DJ Tanner's "real house," a few blocks away.

Use the facilities before leaving home, though. I do not recommend having to find an open bathroom, trying the gas station right down the hill and having to plunge the toilet so you can use it, while the attendant insists that you can pee on the drain. TMI? Sorry. Funny though, huh?

1 comment:

  1. That movie does sound interesting. I wonder if our library has it...

    ReplyDelete