Well, it's that time again. Time when we don't know what's going to happen in the next year or so. Rob's job is a temporary one, with an end date in sight. So applying has begun. I hope we stay right here. SACRILEGE! I know, Northern California has grown on me. Expensive as it is, I like it. I throw down roots more quickly than I used to. It's no use hating the place in which you live - you might as well love it. While the distance to my family might be oh-so-unbearable at times, it also comes in handy during those family drama moments. :)
My life is also the great unknown. We have our first adoption meeting this upcoming week. It's taken forever to get the process rolling, and I think it has. And after not being able to get pregnant for the last I-don't-know-how-many-years, I wonder if I'll get pregnant right after we pay the $1,000.00 non-refundable deposit. It's happened to at least 2 of my friends. And then what? How do I function as an attorney with a new born? I don't know. I'll tell you what, though, I met a woman last night who is a LDS attorney with 6 kids. She said she could handle working part time until she had the 4th. She's taking a break right now (which I haven't ruled out). She's my hero. I can't even imagine.
Liv is hilarious as always - the epitome of drama. I ruin her life on a regular basis by doing things like picking her up from school (yesterday when . Oh, and then there was the time I made her toast for breakfast, and she wanted cereal. Or was it the other way around? Tears and more tears. And just yesterday she said she wanted to go to the park. I had the bright idea of calling a friend's mom to see if I could arrange a play date. But Liv wouldn't stop talking and yipping at me, so I went into my bedroom while I made the call - locking the door behind me. Not knowing what I was trying to do, she stormed to her room and wrote on Magna Doodle posted conveniently outside the door, "NO MOM!" I don't know if I like her writing. I should have kept her back.
I feel like this year is a great unknown for me, too, which is weird because I can't even really pinpoint exactly why. Nothing super big is on our horizon. I guess little changes are adding up? Anyway, those are big changes on your horizon. I'm eager (though probably not as eager as you are) to see how things pan out. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteUnknown is hard for me to deal with. I am thinking of you guys and hoping all goes well.
ReplyDeleteShame on me, I forgot that you changed blog names and have missed out on some good posts. Good luck with yournext move. No matter what, I'm sure it will be the right one!
ReplyDelete