So apparently my immigration correspondence made a link on Times and Seasons. I was wondering why I started seeing comments from complete strangers. Not that I mind. Not in the least. But the whole thing makes me a little self-conscious, to be truthful. I thought about going back and sanitizing my rant. Taking out the word idiot. But that would take away from the authenticity, don't you think? So I'll leave it. I wrote it knowing it was open to public. My .15 seconds of slight LDS fame will be quickly over, regardless.
So while clicking around I found this WONDERFUL editorial from the Deseret News exploring the complexities of the immigration issue.
Also, check out this link Ben Reed sent me from the LA Times. Theirs is a touching story and, unfortunately, more common than you'd think.
Hey Sarah-- Have you seen this post? http://bycommonconsent.com/2010/08/11/sneaking-across-the-border/#more-19694 See comments and you'll see how you made it to the bloggernacle.
ReplyDeleteI am somewhat to blame. :)
yep. you are somewhat to blame. It's good to see it's being discussed. I'm glad I could add two cents, even if I didn't know it.
ReplyDeleteI told Brian about your problems with the ward e-mail list, and he said, "Someone who thinks that helping someone find a job isn't a 'spiritual' matter needs to have a serious talk with the Stake Employment Specialist." Which, by the way, have you talked to yours about finding a translator? Brian was always THRILLED when people passed along job opportunities to him. :-)
ReplyDelete